Monday, February 24, 2014

Resupply Options

I now have an itinerary!  We will happily make use of Reds Meadow Resort, Muir Trail Ranch, and (hopefully) Vermilion Valley Resort (I haven't yet received confirmation of our reservation).  I've also been in touch with Dee from Berners' Pack Outfits.  What a nice lady!  I enjoyed speaking with her and I look forward to meeting her on the trail about halfway between Muir Trail Ranch and Whitney.  Yes, I know, that's a pricey collection of rest stops and resupply options...but this is our 2014 vacation, and I want the girls and I to have fun.  Having a bed every so often during the first half of our journey will be nice -- and not having to lug ten days worth of food for three people will be wonderful!

I'm planning on a maximum of 23 days on the trail.  That should be more than enough time to get from Yosemite to Whitney, barring injury or illness.  The girls are tough and experienced, and they now regularly beat adult book time on hikes here in the Whites.  I've sketched a conservative plan with an average of ten miles a day, so I think we should be fine in terms of not overdoing it.

Meantime, here in snowy New Hampshire, we're back to hiking once a week (my leg seems to be completely healed!).  Here's a photo from our latest trek.  It's the girls being goofy on Mt. Crawford (click here for the full trip report).


More next week.  In the meantime, please donate to Feeding America!

No comments:

Post a Comment