Friday, February 21, 2014

PERMITS!

PERMITS!!

We have our permits!!!

Alex, Sage, and I will hike the John Muir Trail in August.  Let the official planning begin!

First, a reminder -- if you haven't already, please donate to Feeding America, our nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization!  Feeding America is a nonprofit charity with a 98% efficiency rating.  It is not affiliated with any religion, and it ranked #4 on Forbes Magazine's 50 Top Charities for 2013.

Second, a note on gear.  I've decided to do a gear list, accompanied by a review, after we return from California.  This means I won't discuss gear before we leave, with the exception of the few pieces I've already mentioned in previous posts.  Why take the time to discuss gear we haven't yet put to the test?  It seems more wise, not to mention efficient, to list and discuss everything after we return.  I will tell you this right now, though -- our gear will be ultralight.

Now that I have the permits, I can plan a (flexible) itinerary and arrange resupply.  I also need to look into the possibility of blogging day-by-day, as I was able to do on the Camino.  Since there probably won't be much cell reception in the high Sierras, I may have to keep a paper journal and blog after-the-fact, when we return.  Even if the latter's the case, I will still probably be able to send a quick picture and note once or twice.

More information coming soon!  Woo-hoo, can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment