Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gear -- Bear Canister, Tent, and Guidebook

***Many thanks to Gail Smith for her recent donation to our Feeding America virtual food drive!  We are almost 20% to our goal of $2104.  Help feed Americans in need -- every cent you donate goes directly to Feeding America!  ***

We've settled on our bear canister -- the ultralight Expedition from Wild Ideas.  This should hold three or four days of food for me and the girls.  It's on the pricey side, but it's the lightest approved canister on the market, and I know I'll use it on my own when I eventually thru-hike some or all of the National Scenic Trails (that's a long-term goal of mine and fodder for a different post).

Our tent will be the Tarptent Rainshadow 2.

Our guidebook -- Elizabeth Wenk and Kathy Morey's John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America's Most Famous Trail.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment