Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Legs Are Here Again

SOON it will be time to kick this blog into full gear.  Soon, oh so soon, it'll be time for us to apply for our permits.  Once I have those permits confirmed, I will begin posting details of our upcoming hike.  I fear if I post too much of anything beforehand, the gods will smite us for our arrogance and we won't get the permits we need!  :)

In the meantime, here's a cut-and-paste from our main blog.  I have..(had?)...Iliotibial Band Syndrome -- but my leg feels much better now, and the girls and I will soon ascend another peak.  Hooray for the mending process!

*****

Woo-hoo!  My leg feels fine and dandy.  Had a visit with my local -- and most excellent -- sports med doc yesterday afternoon.  All I need to do is keep doing what I've been doing these past few weeks -- mainly, stretching.  He gave me a few new stretches to go with the old ones.  He also told me I should use hiking poles on a regular basis, to slow the progression of arthritis.

Two days ago, I did a five-mile hike up and down some hills near my house.  Yesterday, I walked a few flat miles and rode a stationary bike for half an hour.  Nothing hurt.  YES!

Monday, I'll head back into the woods and take on some mountain miles.  A week from tomorrow, the girls and I will summit a peak or two. 

It feels good to feel GOOD again.

No comments:

Post a Comment