Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Almost Crunch Time

The girls and I have been training via hikes, walks, swims, and a smattering of other fitness exercises.  Our main, intense training period will happen between mid-June and the end of July, when we'll finish (or almost finish) two NH hiking lists the girls have been casually working on for years.  We plan to do between 20-22 peaks in six weeks.  After that, we should be good to go as far as being in shape for our thru-hike.

I have almost all the gear I need.  After our hike, in September, I'll go through each piece and explain how and if it worked.

Visit our main blog for pictures from our last few hikes.  Once mid-June rolls around, I'll post direct links to each training trip report as we tackle and hopefully finish the 52 With a View and Trailwrights 72 (peaks...Alex will still need to put in the rest of her TW72 trailwork).

No comments:

Post a Comment