Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thanks for donating to Feeding America!

If you've already contributed to our Feeding America virtual food drive -- thank you!  You're the reason we've already reached over 60% of our $2104 fundraising goal!!  :)  If you haven't yet contributed to Feeding America, then please consider doing so.

We continue to prepare for our upcoming JMT hike.  Though, since this was my pay-your-taxes-month, new gear purchases will have to wait until April.  We still need: one ultralight sleeping bag, one water filter, plane tickets (I won't buy those until June), food resupply (I won't buy those items until July), and updated clothing for the girls (which I won't buy until the last possible second, since Alex and Sage tend to outgrow things quickly).  I will post a full gear list, with candid reviews of each item, after we return from the JMT in September.

One thing I recently realized -- most of this blog won't be created until after we return from California!  Unlike in Spain on the Camino, I won't have cell reception every day on the John Muir Trail.  Therefore, I'll keep a paper journal while we hike, take a slew of photos, and blog each day after we come back.  There will be a full report of our trip with plenty of details about every aspect of our adventure, but it will all be posted after-the-fact.

I hope everyone is handling the weather.  I woke up to over a foot of heavy snow in my driveway this morning...and it's the first day of spring!  Gotta love living in the Whites.

No comments:

Post a Comment