Thursday, January 23, 2014

ZPacks 20 Degree Sleeping Bag

I'm continuing to NOT post much of anything on this blog until we've secured our permits, since I don't want to jinx our trip.  I should be able to start filling this site with planning and gear purchase details by the end of February.

In the meantime, I've added one important item to our packing list.  I finally broke down and bought an ultralight sleeping bag.  The 20 Degree Bag from ZPacks (long version) is 1 pound, 2 ounces, and, according to every review I've read, performs extremely well in three-season temperatures.

The girls will need ultralight bags too, but that's a discussion for another day (when I have our permits).

My leg is doing much better, by the way.  All the stretching helps tremendously.  I plan on trying a small mountain (5 miles roundtrip with less than 2500 feet of elevation gain) by the end of this month.  I think I might be completely back to normal by the end of February...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment